Schools & Education
Support and Continuing Professional Development for nurseries, schools, colleges and other educational settings.
Advancing equality, raising achievement & eliminating bullying
I provide training and consultancy for teachers and other education professionals on equalities issues. I work with staff to support the development of inclusive settings and curriculums that promote equality and advance inclusion in order to raise achievement, eliminate bullying and develop an effective whole school ethos. In particular, I specialise in work around sexual orientation and gender.
Depending on your needs and resources, I can offer all-staff training, small group facilitation or one to one consultancy. I also work with children and young people, supporting them to develop their own responses to homophobic, biphobic, transphobic and sexist language and bullying.
A range of support
I can provide support around:
- Integrating work on equalities across the curriculum
- Advice on curriculum planning and lesson ideas and, in particular, using literature as a vehicle for challenging discrimination, advancing equality and eliminating bullying
- Inclusive PSHE and SRE
- Developing effective approaches to addressing discriminatory language and bullying
- Engaging young people in strategies for promoting equality and challenging bullying
- Activities to support the development of empathy and tolerance
- Training on requirements in relation to the Public Sector Equality Duty and School Inspection Frameworks
- Initial Teacher Training
I offer lectures, presentations and group facilitation in institutions providing Initial Teacher Training.